We welcome you to the Broomfield Democrats. We are a progressive grass roots organization that acts on the principles of equality among all people, individual liberty, belief in a transparent democracy, and the value of public service. We welcome all interested persons, and hope that if you are not already an active member, you will find in our policies and actions a like-mindedness that resonates with you. We invite you to see for yourself by attending a monthly meeting.
All registered Democrats who reside in Broomfield County are considered bona fide members of the Democratic Party of Broomfield. We encourage members to become active and participate in Party functions, and to seek decision-making positions within the Party.
The mission of the Broomfield County Democrats is to be the leading political organization in Broomfield as measured by respect, political knowledge of the county, turnout for Democratic candidates and success of the Democratic agenda.
You are invited to join us for a presentation on the Vote No 67 Campaign hosted by the Colorado Democratic Party.
Amendment 67 is this year's so-called "Personhood" amendment to ban all abortions in Colorado. Its sponsor, Personhood USA, is also calling Amendment 67 the Brady Amendment.
If passed, Amendment 67 would outlaw all abortions, including in cases of rape and incest, and could outlaw commonly used forms of birth control, including emergency contraception, the Pill and IUDs. Amendment 67 could prohibit pregnant women with cancer to end their pregnancy and undergo treatment. It could even ban in-vitro fertilization for women who WANT to get pregnant. Amendment 67 would allow the government to access your medical records, and interfere with your doctor/patient privacy.
The deceptive ballot wording makes it seem like the group behind Amendment 67 wants to simply protect pregnant women from violence. This is not the case. Join this webinar and get the right information about Amendment 67.
We offer this webinar two different times on Thursday, August 21st
- Conversation and Fundraiser in support of Representative Dianne Primavera For House District 33 - August 28, 2014
- BlueFlower is Blooming in Boulder County - August 21, 2014
- Top News from the Colorado Democratic Party - July 27 - August 2, 2014
- Colorado Democrats are Hiring Field Organizers - July 31, 2014
- CDP Statement on the Affordable Care Act in Colorado - December 4, 2013
- Broomfield Democrats Attend Officers' Summit - June 22, 2013
- Statement from Rick Palacio, Chairman of the Colorado Democratic Party on HB 1303 Voter Access & Modernized Elections Signed Into Law - May 10, 2013
- Announced Democratic Candidates for 2014 State Election
Stay tuned for breaking news as it occurs!